Friends of Southern Lehigh Public Library
The Friends of Southern Lehigh Public Library (FSLPL) is an association of individuals who share a common interest: the well-being and financial stability of the library. Friends’ fundraising efforts and their volunteer activities help to ensure that the library’s collections and services will continue to meet the needs of the community that it serves, Upper Saucon Township, Coopersburg and Lower Milford Township.
In 2007, Joseph and Sandra Andreucci, co-founders of FSLPL, organized a group of dedicated individuals from each of the locally served communities. Their purpose was and remains to guide the organization’s efforts to increase an awareness of the library, and to encourage support and use of the Southern Lehigh Public Library.
The Friends governing board consists of president, vice-president in charge of membership, secretary and treasurer.
- Sponsor cultural activities at the library, such as story telling, dramatic skits, and musical programs
- Provide programs of interest
- Provide financial gifts to the library in support of its services. Since 2010 the Friends have underwritten the library’s summer reading program among one of the many services.
- Provide financial gifts to the library so that it can purchase equipment and important materials which might exceed the library’s budget.
- Sponsor Keystone-Miller Blood Drives
- Help with library mailings and newsletters
- Hold fundraising activities such as Cookie/Fudge Sale, Holiday Bazaar, Bus trips, Antique Appraisal and Auction, Book and Bake Sales and manage the Book Sale Room at the library.
FSLPL meets the second Monday of each month (unless a holiday, then rescheduled for the following Monday) at 1:00 PM in the library meeting room. All library patrons and interested persons are welcome to attend.
JOIN FRIENDS OF THE SOUTHERN LEHIGH PUBLIC LIBRARY
A friend of the Southern Lehigh Public Library (FSLPL) is an auxiliary group with the purpose of supplementing library services. FSLPL provides support services for which tax money is not available. Revenues from FSLPL, dues and fund raising activities are all used to support the library. Our aim is to create community awareness of the library as a cultural and educational center. Membership is open to all individuals and businesses interested in promoting the services, facilities, and needs of the library.
Annual Membership Dues:
- Level I – $10 – Early announcement of FSLPL sponsored events with priority reservations PLUS one free book from our booksale room during your birthday month (excluding specially priced books)
- Level II – $25 – All of Level I benefits PLUS one raffle ticket for the bimonthly $25 gift card (local restaurant or business) drawing PLUS 50% off coupon for one library class/program (up to $10 value)
- Level III – $50 – All of Level I & II benefits PLUS-additional raffle ticket for bimonthly drawing PLUS purchase books through SLPL with a discount of up to 40%. Orders processed monthly.
Download a membership form here. Membership forms can be dropped off at the library or mailed to:
Southern Lehigh Public Library
Attn: Friends of SLPL
3200 Preston Lane
PO Box 279
Center Valley, PA 18034