Our mission is to serve the educational, informational and recreational reading needs of the residents of Coopersburg Borough, Lower Milford Township, and Upper Saucon Township, using the full range of available resources.
Our growing collection features the following:
Over 60,000 books in print, e-book, audio CD and e-audio formats; 400+ books added each month
DVD, CD, VHS media plus streaming music and video capabilities
Over 150 magazine subscriptions in print and electronic downloadable formats
We also offer the following services:
18 Public-Access Computers with high-speed internet access
Free wireless internet access from your laptop or mobile device
Sending a FAX for $1.25 per page. We cannot receive a FAX.
B/W and color printing and copying
- Meeting room rentals
The Southern Lehigh Public Library Board of Directors meets monthly on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM in the library’s meeting room at 3200 Preston Lane, Center Valley, PA 18034.
Bruce Eames – Board President, representing Upper Saucon Township
Rachel Pfeiffer – Board Vice-President, representing Upper Saucon Township
Vacant – representing Southern Lehigh School District
Diana Inglis – Board Treasurer, representing Upper Saucon Township
Ryan Fields – representing Lower Milford Township
Kat Moyer – representing Coopersburg Borough
Candi Harmon Kruse – Board Secretary, representing Upper Saucon Township
Patrons must present their library card each time they borrow or renew materials. Patrons are personally responsible for items checked out with their card.
There are no limits on the total number of items that may be checked out by each patron. Patrons are limited to the following number of items checked out on their account at any time: 5 items/author, 5 items/subject, 5 items in a series, 10 DVDs, 10 VHS.
Children under 18 years of age may not borrow video games, DVDs or videos. Those items must be checked out on an adult card.
Library materials circulate for 3 weeks with the exception of NEW items, video games, videos and DVDs, which circulate for 2 weeks. All items, except video games, may be renewed in person, online, or over the phone for one additional circulation period unless a hold has been placed on the item for another patron. Vacation loans for a period of 4 weeks for videos and DVDs and 6 weeks for all other items are also available, but these items may not be renewed. Vacation loans must be specially requested at the circulation desk.
A book drop and an audio/visual drop are provided for your convenience outside. All items borrowed from SLPL must be returned to SLPL. If they are returned to another library fines will accrue until they are checked in at SLPL.
Fines for overdue items are $.25/day/item for books and vertical file items, and $.10/day/item for magazines, $1.00/day/item for videos and DVDs, and $.50/day/item for books on tape, books on CD, music CDs, and easy tape/books. Fines are charged on days that the library is open. Overdue notices are sent beginning approximately one week beyond the due date. Names of patrons who do not return items or make restitution to the library for lost items may be sent to a collection agent and will incur an additional $12.00 collection agency fee.
Lost/damaged materials should be reported to the library immediately.
Below is a list of replacement costs for each type of item:
|Adult & YA Hardcover||$25|
|Adult, LP & YA Mass Market Paperback (Height = 18cm or less)||$10|
|Adult, LP & YA Paperback (Height = 27cm or greater)||$25|
|Adult, LP & YA Paperback (Height = 19-26cm)||$15|
|Children’s Paperback (Height = 27cm or greater)||$20|
|Children’s Paperback (Height = 26cm or less)||$10|
|Children’s Board Book||$10|
|Large Print Hardcover||$30|
|Magazine, Cliff Notes, Vertical File||$5|
|E Tape/Book Kits||$10tape/bk,$7 bag|
|Single cassette or CD for Audio Book||$10|
|Audio Books||Current replacement cost or original cost|
|Reference||Current replacement cost or original cost|
The replacement cost of any item will be charged for those items that exceed the fixed replacement cost by 50%.
Lost library cards can be replaced for a $3.50 charge; lost barcodes for Access patrons can be replaced for a $2.00 charge.
COVID-19 Green Phase
Restrictions on Donations
The library cannot currently accept donations of any books or other items. Please deposit donated items in the two Better World Books bins in our parking lot near the patio. This organization supports literacy efforts in third-world countries by selling donated items online and the library does receive a small portion of the proceeds.
- The collection includes books, music CDs, magazines, audio books, large print materials, videos, DVDs, e-books, e-audios, e-magazines, streaming movies and music, video games,and reference materials in print and electronic format for children and adults.
- Materials owned by the library but not found on the shelf may be put on hold at the circulation desk or patrons may place their own holds online for no charge. When the item becomes available, the patron will be notified by email. Items will be held for 4 business days. Items not picked up will be returned to circulation.
- Materials not owned by our library may be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan from libraries across the United States. You must be a registered patron in good standing and resident of one of the three municipalities in our service area to use this service. Access patrons must request Interlibrary Loans from their home library. Please ask a staff person for additional information and assistance.
- The library provides free high-speed access to the internet on all computer workstations. The library also provides free wireless internet service via 3 Cisco access points for patrons who wish to connect using their own laptop or pda (wireless network card required). Patrons are responsible for abiding by the terms of our Internet/Online Catalog Policy.
- The library provides Storytimes for children aged 0-5 years. Information about scheduled sessions is available on the website and at the library.
- Summer Reading Club and other summer programming for children of all ages is offered at the library June – August.
- We sponsor an Adult Book Discussion Group. A schedule of meeting times and book selections is available at the library.
- The library staff also conducts tours and special library programs at the request of school personnel or community groups when library personnel are available to do so.
- A self-service photocopier is available. Standard and legal size black and white copies are $.15/side, and color copies are $.50/side. Ledger size black and white copies are $.60/side, and color copies are $1.00/side. Scanning to USB, email, Google Drive is $.50/page, and fax services are available for $1.25/page.
- Library news can be found on our website, on the library message board, on the library’s FaceBook page,and in the library’s monthly calendar/newsletter (copies available at the Circulation Desk or on our website).
Meeting rooms may not be used for or under any of the following reasons or conditions:
- For a purely social purpose, i.e. family/friend parties or gatherings, business or community organization parties.
- At a time when the meeting room(s) is needed for a library-sponsored event, unless prior written confirmation has been received and payment has been made.
Southern Lehigh Public Library reserves the right to accept, renew, or reject requests for use of the room(s) under the established policy.
Southern Lehigh Public Library provides meeting room space as a public service but does not endorse the views or opinions of groups utilizing these facilities
Residents of Coopersburg Borough, Lower Milford Township, and Upper Saucon Township are entitled to free memberships. When first registering for a library card, you must present a valid driver’s license and proof of address. Children may obtain their own library cards when they are 5 years of age. A parent/guardian must sign for the child and present proof of address and a valid driver’s license. Library cards must be renewed every three years. Please inform the library if your registration card information changes at any time.
Southern Lehigh Public Library participates in the statewide ACCESS PA program. Registered patrons in good standing may have borrowing privileges at other participating libraries across the state. The patron must return materials borrowed from other libraries to those libraries. Please ask a staff person for additional information and an ACCESS PA sticker.
Hours of Operation
Monday 10AM – 9PM
Tuesday 10AM – 9PM
Wednesday 10AM – 5PM
Thursday 10AM – 9PM
Friday 10AM – 5PM
Saturday 10AM – 5PM
In case of inclement weather please listen to the following radio stations for library closing information: WAEB-AM (790), WAEB-FM (104.1), WZZO-FM (95.1). You may also check WFMZ (Channel 69) Storm Center Update online at www.wfmz.com. Information is also available by calling (610) 282-8825.